DLMPST small conference grants
The Executive Committee of the DLMPST/IUHPST invites applications from member institutions to support conferences or workshops that will take place between 1 February 2017 and 31 March 2018. The maximum amount of support is US$ 1,000 per event.
An application has to be supported by an ordinary or international member of the Division and should be submitted by the official contact person of the member to the Secretary General of the Division at secretary-general(at)dlmpst(dot)org in the form of a single pdf file by 15 January 2017.
The application should contain the name and dates of the event, a brief description of the event situating it within the scope of the DLMPST, a list of speakers, an approximate budget of the event, an amount of money requested (at most US$ 1,000), as well as an indication how the money will be used. The Executive Committee will give preference to events that show geographical and gender balance, include researchers from outside of Europe and North America, and support junior researchers.
In the years 2013 and 2014, the DLMPS/IUHPS invited applications from members to support conferences and meetings. The following meetings were supported:
- Workshop on “Cultural evolution, philosophy, and the emotions” in Leuven, Belgium, May 28–30, 2013. DLMPS support: USD 1,500.
- Symposium “Arabic Foundations of Science” at the 2013 DHST Congress inManchester, United Kingdom, 22–28 July 2013. DLMPS support: USD 1,356.
- Conference “Foundations of the Formal Sciences VIII: History and Philosophy of Infinity” in Cambridge, United Kingdom, 20–23 September 2013. DLMPS support: USD 835.
- “The Third East Asia Conference on the Philosophy of Science” in Taiwan, October 3–4, 2013. DLMPS support: USD 1,335.
- Conference “Mostowski100” in Warsaw, Poland, October 11–13, 2013. DLMPS support: USD 1,500.
- “Meeting of the Philosophy of Medicine Roundtable” in New York City, United States of America, November 20–21, 2013. DLMPS support: USD 1,500.
- Conference “The Mathematical Theories of Natural Language Processing”, special session of the International Symposium on Artificial Intelligence and Mathematics in Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States of America, January 6–8, 2014. DLMPS support: USD 850.
- Conference “Functions, Proofs, Constructions”, in Tübingen, Germany, 21–23 February 2014. DLMPS support: USD 850.
- Workshop “Semantics of cardinals”, at Ohio State University, United States of America, March 6–7, 2014. DLMPS support: USD 850.
- Annual Conference “Applications of Logic in Philosophy and the Foundations of Mathematics” in Szkarska Poręba, Poland, May 5–9, 2014. DLMPS support: USD 850.
- Workshop “Logic and Computational Complexity”, in Vienna, Austria, July 12–13, 2014. DLMPS support: USD 1,200.
- Conference on “Goodman, Pragmatics, and the Practical Turn in Philosophy of Science” in Nancy and Pont-à-Mousson, Frankreich, 8–14 September 2014. DLMPS support: USD 1,200.
- Workshop “Theory meets practice—Master class in science, engagement and policy making”, in Shine Dome, Canberra, Australia, December 5, 2014. DLMPS support: USD 850.
- “First Conference of the Croatian Logical Association”, in Zagreb, Croatia, originally planned May/June 2014. The Conference did not take place as planned in 2014 and will be held later. The subsidy granted by the DLMPS will be used then. DLMPS support: USD 850.